If you surveyed a cross-section of successful caterers and restaurateurs and asked, “What is your most valuable asset?” you may hear, “Our proven systems, or our food, or our reputation.” However, the majority will likely respond, “Our employees.” Great employees understand how owners want their business run and consistently execute that standard of quality or above. Great employees give the company they work for competitive advantages, contribute to its growth and long-term sustainability and also help attract other great employees.
We all want a staff that works hard, works smart and works together. But have you considered what best practices not only attract this level of talent but also keep it? Finding, hiring and keeping great employees can be a challenging and time-consuming task. “Great-fits” can solve big problems. Conversely, a “bad-hire” can set your operation back on its heels.
This module, Hiring & Keeping Great Staff, focuses offers useful information, tips, strategies, how-to-steps, and resources for developing your hiring and retention practices.
This Module addresses issues such as:
- Proven Success Strategies
- Effective Ways to Hire and Retain Great Employees
- Tips for Hiring a Great Staff
- Tips for Retaining a Great Staff
- Worksheets & Checklists Document
- 10 Ways to Show Employees You Care
- Prospect Letter
- October Promotion Flyer
- We offer a full-range of customized corporate drop-off catering consulting services.
- Contact us if you have any questions, or would like more information about a topic.
- See “Employee Relations” from October 2013
- See “Worksheets & Checklists” from September 2014 for job posting template, employee tracker, employment application, and employee evaluation form.