“When I call a vendor with a problem, I expect them to solve it – quickly. We’re a no-nonsense company that delivers the finest customer service experience in our industry; I expect nothing less from our vendors.”
-Canadian Real Estate Tycoon, “The Hammer”
In the foodservice industry, experts agree that there is a real need for operators to connect with their food suppliers. Establishing a solid working relationship between the two is an important ingredient to your success. To call the restaurant/caterer and food supplier relationship a marriage is not far-fetched. Both sides rely on each other to be successful. But like all marriages, one or both sides may take the other for granted which results in occasional rough patches. Good communication is vital to working through these times. If the business relationship is mutually beneficial then it is worth investing in the partnership by striving for a solid association.
Ric Scicchitano, Senior Vice President of food and beverage for Dallas-based Corner Bakery, agrees that investing in relationships with suppliers is critical. “We encourage our general managers and area directors to get to know the local distributor reps,” he says. “We have high expectations of our suppliers, but we also treat them well. Ultimately, when a problem comes up, you want the person on the other end of the line to have your best interests at heart. They’ll break their back to get what you need.”
This module, Vendor Relations, offers useful information, tips, strategies, how-to-steps, case studies, and resources to help strengthen your relationships with your vendors. Our customized “Worksheets & Checklists” document offers a practical way for you to put pen to paper to start the development process.
This module addresses issues such as:
- How do you view your role as “The Customer”?
- How to be a valued customer in the partnership.
- Acknowledging the hard-working delivery drivers.
- Negotiating better pricing.
- Worksheets & Checklists Document
- 5 Considerations When Choosing a Vendor
- 8 Tips for Sustaining Mutually Beneficial Vendor Relations
- September Promotion Flyer
- Vendor Shakedown Letter
- Vendor Thank You Letter
- Website Partner link form
- We offer a full-range of customized corporate drop-off catering consulting services.
- Contact us if you have any questions or would like more information about a topic.